Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or webpage on search engines. SEO targets different types of search, including image search, local search, video search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This results in a website web presence.
SEO are specialized techniques used to optimize your website, be search engine friendly and increase your chances of ranking well in search queries. Learning the right SEO techniques can seem like a daunting task, especially for those unfamiliar with the concept.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when developing and marketing your website.
1. Make sure your website was originally designed with your search engine optimization needs in mind. The trendiest web designs mean nothing if nobody can find your website.
2. Every page on your website has a title tag with text that either describes your website or the content of the page. Make sure the text contains SEO type keywords instead of your site name.
3. Every page on your website should contain a link to your home page and sitemap. Make sure every link is the same. Homepage links should go directly to your domain. Make sure your internal links don’t include the extra /index.html or .php text as it’s not needed.
4. You’ll hear the same phrase over and over again: “Content is king.” It is imperative that your website has fresh, unique, quality content that is updated regularly. Make sure to include your favorite keyword phrase in the body of the content!
5. People are more likely to type a phrase than a single word when searching the Internet. Try to use long keywords to make your site more likely to show up in location searches.
Search engine optimization is much more than a few techniques or tips. SEO is a field that requires a strong understanding of all aspects related to SEO before you can really learn SEO.