There is no doubt that each of us enjoys using any kind of free services. Same here for free PHP web hosting! People who have websites know that hosting is a very important part and if we don’t secure the hosting part, all other initiatives can be in vain! But at the same time, we cannot deny that acquiring hosting space costs some money. Some small businesses use this as an excuse not to go online. However, to relieve these business owners, there are some hosting providers that offer free PHP web hosting. Now small businesses and everyone can take advantage of this opportunity to host a dynamic website built with the developers’ most feverish scripting language.
However, we all have to admit that there are good and bad sides to all services! And why is free PHP web hosting different? Let us know when this service is a good choice:
- If you have a very small business or are a new developer in the learning phase yourself, free PHP web hosting is a good choice. There is no doubt that a very small business can start their journey with this hosting service. On the other hand, the new developers can experiment with their programming styles in this free service.
- It’s a great opportunity to host a small dynamic website, often with free domain name registration or subdomains. Aside from the fact that free PHP website hosting allows any type of open source development to be integrated into a website, they run smoothly.
- There is no doubt that choosing free PHP web hosting means saving on the recurring cost of server rental. Whatever type of hosting you choose, dedicated hosting or cloud-based “pay-per-use” hosting, there is always a recurring rental fee that can fluctuate at any time. But the free service is a relief.
However, shouldn’t we look at the bad side of free PHP web hosting? Let’s see some bad sides of this service:
- First and foremost is access control to your server space. The moment you decide to join the free PHP web hosting service, you agree that access control is in the hands of the service provider. And with every small problem you have to remain at the service provider’s mercy.
- There will always be some limitations in your hosting account – disk space limit, bandwidth limit, email service limit etc. There is no doubt that free PHP web hosting will give you little disk space and bandwidth is limited. The same applies to the e-mail account.
- There is no guarantee of hosting availability, no domain name authority (if you buy or take the free domain name) and of course the unwanted ads become a disadvantage! Since you leave your files or the entire website in the hands of the hosting service provider, you have to deal with the advertisements placed on your website, the website can go down at any time, and you may not have the authority to do this domain name. You can only play with your business initiative.
By doing this, I hope you have understood what your probable experience with free PHP web hosting service will be like. In conclusion, we can say that there is nothing good or bad about this free PHP-based hosting service – it is absolutely a matter of how you use it according to your needs. If you have limited need then it is best for you otherwise don’t really try it.